Imperial College's Institute of Global Health Innovation's Student Challenges Competition is open to all university students based in the UK and offers the opportunity to win funding towards the implementation of a global health innovation.
Each year, a Dragon’s Den Style event is hosted in London to find the winner. Applications can cover any aspect of global health innovation.
- Aiding patients with physical disabilities in the developing world;
- Improving sanitation and hygiene;
- Tackling chronic diseases;
- Finding new diagnostics for infectious diseases in remote areas;
- Enhancing and reshaping global health policy and processes
Who is eligible?Any undergraduate or postgraduate university student based in the UK (you can enter as a single applicant or as a group).
Judging and Evaluation Criteria
Several criteria will be considered for shortlisting, with applicability, feasibility and portability as primary considerations. Winning projects will need to have many of the following characteristics:
- Technical / clinical / business innovation
- Potential Global Health impact
- Plans for economic implementation and feasibility
Short listed candidates will have an opportunity to present their projects to an external board in the annual Dragon’s Den style event to find the winner. Reward
The Institute will offer prize money to winners and runners up and will consist of the following prizes:
- Winners - £5,000 award
- Runners up - £2,500 award
- Audience Choice Award - £1,000
How to enter:
To enter, you will need to complete an application form and submit a 2-3 minute compulsory promotional video illustrating your project idea and how it works.
Full details of how the competition works and what you need to do to enter can be found here.
Terms and conditions
Read the full terms and conditions document here, which outlines what is expected from you as an applicant/finalist.
The 2017/18 competition opens for entries on 8 January 2018 and closes on 8 February 2018. Watch this space for further info.
The interactive Dragon's Den event will take place in March (date TBC).